2018 Analysis Updates
The LAMBPLAN and MERINOSELECT analyses are continually being developed to improve the genetic evaluation and supply the best tools possible to producers with the aim being to help improve genetic gain across the sheep industry. Major updates to the Sheep Genetics analyses are implemented once a year to minimise any disruption that may result from the changes. This year the analysis changes will be implemented on 20th of April and 1st of May runs for MERINOSELECT and LAMBPLAN respectively. This year’s analysis changes include:
- Updated analysis software to keep the run time down with the increasing number of genotypes entering the evaluation
- Standardisation of the genomic relationship matrix for the sub analyses for worm egg count and visuals traits
- An updated Maternal$ Index to bring it into line with all the other standard indexes developed using SheepObject
- Reporting of Research Breeding Values (RBVs) for Breech Cover and Dag Score from the DOHNE analysis
Further communication on these analysis changes can be found on our web site link below and will be in the 2018 Edition 2 of the Sheep Genetics Breeder’s Bulletin.
Sheep Genetics and AGBU are actively working on RBVs for the component traits of reproduction using a single step model for the MATERNAL analysis. The RBVs are planned to be released by the middle of 2018.
- MERINOSELECT - 20th April 2018
- LAMBPLAN - 1st May 2018