Advisory Committee Applications Invited
Sheep Genetics is the national genetic evaluation service for the Australian sheep industry, providing ram breeders and buyers with the tools to improve the genetic merit of their flocks. Managed by Meat and Livestock Australia (MLA), Sheep Genetics provides the services to increase the rate of genetic progress across the industry. The Advisory Committee provides MLA with strategic direction for the continued development of the key Sheep Genetics programs of LAMBPLAN and MERINOSELECT.
Applications are being sought from industry leaders for two positions on the Sheep Genetics Advisory Committee. Meat & Livestock Australia are currently seeking individuals with the following experience and skills;
- Involvement in the areas of breeding and marketing of seed stock
- Knowledge and understanding of genetic evaluations and livestock breeding
- Business and communication expertise Experience in agricultural extension
- A track record in contributing to an effective team, committee or board
- Involvement in marketing of agricultural products and/or services.
The Sheep Genetics Advisory Committee will assist the Australian sheep industry and MLA to deliver nationally consistent genetic information to the wool, lamb and sheep meat sectors.
Applicants should submit both a cover letter and CV to the Sheep Genetics Manager email@example.com by the 19th June 2019. For further information on the application process contact: Sheep Genetics via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (02) 8055 1814.
Click here for further information