Applications are Now Open for the Sheep Genetics Advisory Committee
Sheep Genetics is the national genetic evaluation service for the Australian sheep industry managed by Meat and Livestock Australia (MLA).
Applications are being sought from industry leaders for a number of positions on the Sheep Genetics Advisory Committee.
The Advisory Committee provides strategic direction for the continued development of the key Sheep Genetics programs of LAMBPLAN and MERINOSELECT.
The committee members will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Skills and capacity in the areas of breeding and marketing of seed stock
- Knowledge of genetic evaluation and selection systems for Australian sheep breeds
- Business and communication skills
- Experience in agricultural extension
- Experience in contributing to an effective team, committee or board
- Experience in marketing of agricultural products and/or services.
The Sheep Genetics Advisory Committee will assist the Australian sheep industry and MLA to deliver nationally consistent genetic information to the wool, lamb and sheep meat sectors.
Applicants should submit both a cover letter addressing the committee selection criteria and CV to Daniel Brown firstname.lastname@example.org
by the close of business the 27th of October 2017.
To view the full application details click HERE.
For further information on the application process contact: Sheep Genetics via email: email@example.com or phone (02) 8055 1814.