Exciting opportunities for youth at LambEx 2018 as Young Guns Competition opens.
We are excited to announce that the LambEx 2018 Young Guns Competition is now open.
Thanks to sponsors, the Australian White Suffolk Association and NAB Agribusiness, the biggest prize pool in the competition’s history will be up for grabs with nine finalists and three winners to receive $13,000 worth of prizes.
The LambEx Young Guns Competition aims to recognise and encourage young and upcoming industry professionals, producers and scientists to consider a future or ongoing career in the Australian lamb industry.
The competition will support young people by providing training in relevant areas, as well as developing their communication and networking skills and industry contacts.
The competition has three competition categories targeting entrants aged 40 years and under:
- High school students (Year 10 to Year 12)
- Undergraduate, honours, masters or PhD students
- Early to mid-career producers and professionals
To enter, simply answer the following question with 350 words or less and submit by Friday 13 April 2018:
The Australian lamb and sheepmeat industry has a bright future, it is currently worth an estimated $4.38 billion to the national economy and has grown significantly in the past decade. Identify and discuss a key opportunity within the Australian lamb industry and how it will influence the future of the sheep and lamb sector?
Nine finalists will be awarded: (Three finalists selected per category)
- Up to $800 per finalist for travel and/or accommodation
- One complimentary full conference pass including entry to the Fletcher International Welcome Function, Gallagher Breakfast and AWI GrandsLamb Dinner
- A complimentary pass to a Professional Development Workshop on Sunday, August 5, 2018
One winner per category will then be announced at LambEx 2018 and awarded:
- $1000 per category winner
- All (winners and finalists) receive a certificate
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD
Do you manage an industry network or are you part of a youth program?
Please help us spread the word by sharing information about Young Guns through your networks and encourage anyone that you think would be an ideal candidate to apply.
- Read the Young Guns announcement media release
- Visit the website and access the entry from and T&Cs
- Download the Young Guns promotional tile to promote the competition in your online or print newsletter.
Please direct competition enquiries to the Young Guns Coordinator:
Tina Brock, AgCommunicators - Event Organiser