Sheep Genetics Advisory Committee
The Advisory Committee provides strategic direction for the continued development of the key Sheep Genetics programs of LAMBPLAN and MERINOSELECT.
The committee members are selected based on the following criteria:
- Skills and capacity in the areas of breeding and marketing of seed stock
- Knowledge of genetic evaluation and selection systems for Australian sheep breeds
- Business and communication skills
- Experience in agricultural extension
- Experience in contributing to an effective team, committee or board
- Experience in marketing of agricultural products and/or services.
The Sheep Genetics Advisory Committee will assist the Australian sheep industry and MLA to deliver nationally consistent genetic information to the wool, lamb and sheep meat sectors.
We would like to thank Dale Price and Warren Russell for their contributions over the past few years and welcome Hamish McLaren, Sally Martin and Troy Fischer to the committee.