Throughout each year, Sheep Genetics run a series of regional workshops across Australia so breeders can:
- keep updated on enhancements to the analysis
- learn how to get the most out of their breeding program
- speak directly to Sheep Genetics staff.
The workshops are not specifically LAMBPLAN or MERINOSELECT workshops but aimed at a mixed audience, of all breeds, and for both long term and new clients.
Sessions covered generally include:
- principles of genetic selection
- the evolving world of genetics
- arming your genetics toolkit
- developing an action plan.
These workshops are paced so that new Sheep Genetics members are not left behind, whilst also providing new information and techniques for existing clients.
When and where
Each year various regional forums are run across Australia in locations that are accessible for most breeders. These locations change each year to get as much coverage as possible.
Cost and registration
The day's activities along with morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea are included in the registration price.
Regional forums are advertised through the Sheep Genetics including Breeders Bulletins and monthly updates.